Friday, May 14, 2010

Final for Life Drawing I


I think that any person going into a career that needs to focus on creating for other humans, should take this class. Graphic/visual artists need it in order to accurately portray a human. ID majors need it to see how the body is shaped in order to make forms function well. Educators of art need it to learn how the body works and it's limits in order to teach others.

I have learned so much. It's almost like math, there are formulas that create respective and accurate figures. I felt like I had a lot of open room to make errors and not make make things look perfect, but with a living-breathing-moving model, there is room for adjustments, where as still lives don't change or evolve.

I feel a much stronger connection to understanding arms and legs and torsos, however I am still finding lots of room for improvement on faces and hands. I believe that I love drawing the bottoms of feet the most!

I have really grown in my tool techniques. I have a new way to hold charcoal and a new way to approach my drawing board. Everything is much more fluent and not chopping as in sketches for other classes. I looked at the grade I received at midterm, and although it's highly respectable, I knew that there was SO much room for improvement. It was just me that had to grade myself and keep working on achieving stronger outcomes. My Maniken was probably my biggest challenge, along with my shell at times, but as soon as I learned that perfection does not always make a piece perfect-things progressed and became much more acceptable. I also think the outcomes came out much better!

I want to be a story board writer, or a package designer. Both have the human figure bouncing in an out. So, I know I will be using skills I learned here in order to make better pieces.

Oh, PS
here is my updated flickr.
Enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenzieowens/sets/

No comments:

Post a Comment