Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hands



This is a laugh, but I was digging up old pictures from elementary school and even middle school that I had drawn. From the start I have been curious about the human figure and trying to draw it accurately. I believe Leonardo DiCaprio drawing Kate Winslet in Titanic started it all but that's not the point. For the longest time I noticed, I drew figures with their arms twisted around to their backs. Although it gave many of the images innocent poses, the main reason is because I was very weak at drawing hands.
Hands are tough to get down, even now I tend to save illustrating hand gestures until the very last moment. However, when doing them as gestures, I use to make them into crescent shapes and was pleased, but now I base them off of the muscles that build them. I feel like they are much more lively and have a sense of motion to them. It's very exciting, and now I like placing hands in visible places. It's great.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe! Funny post! Do you have a pic you could add!? It would be fun to see some of your very first figure drawings. :) (Plus, I think the picture part of blogs is part of the grade on them.) ;)

    ReplyDelete