Thursday, March 18, 2010

Midterm

Before starting Life Drawing I, I was some what confident in my ability to portray the human form. Not so much the shell form- I knew that would be my biggest challenge. However, I knew that I needed this class to really learn the structures and reasons for shapes and contours. I think when I use to draw the figure, I was more concerned on the form based on the skeletal structure. Sure muscles were there, but it didn't click that they were how the curves and tones underneath the skin came from. I always hated cross contour drawings because I like to scribble my way through ideas and when I have to be smooth and follow shapes, it's frustrating. But, I'm getting better and starting not to dread them! So far, the thing that LD has helped me with the most, is to slow down my scribbling and to think about my process. The most I want from this class is to feel accurate when drawing figures.




Oh man, I sure love midterms this semester.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenzieowens/
Here are my drawings so far in Life Drawing 1.
I have a few more to add, including a photo of my ManiKen (Louis)-He wasn't 'ready' to be photographed when I was the other day....

No comments:

Post a Comment