Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Contour Drawings

(please be patient-my camera's card reader is not wanting to do it's job)

Contour drawings are always something I enjoy. It was new to me to have to go so slowly. However, it made sure that I was able to see all of the details. Details that I would have never seen before.
Blind contours are a whole other story. It was harder than ever to focus on any areas, with a drawing infront of me you can see the negative space and the exact placement of everything. With a blind contour everything is blank; including your own mind at times....

In my sketch you can see the body is detached. however, there is clearly feet, head, hands, shoulders.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy the contour of the face drawn in your blind contour drawing three things came to mind were specific, light and detailed and maybe a little lost on the paper lol

    ReplyDelete